Automotive Technology CTE Instructor
School: Northumberland County Career and Technology Center
Position Title: Automotive Technology CTE Teacher
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge and application of appropriate teaching strategies and methods.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications and equipment.
- Knowledge of general automotive maintenance, including engine repair, automatic transmission, manual transmission and drive train, suspension and steering, brakes, electrical, heating and air conditioning, and engine performance.
- Ability to use basic automotive tools and equipment to tune engines using an oscilloscope, adjust brakes, repair and service air conditioning, and align wheels.
- Experience with auto shop inventory management.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Successful candidate will provide rigorous curriculum that aligns with Pennsylvania Department of Education CTE SOAR Program Task List.
- Demonstrates mastery of related subject matter, instructional skills, and resource materials for course(s) taught.
- Creates lesson plans, aligned with current state and district standards, which drives instruction through formative assessment and differentiation.
- Maintains a safe, organized classroom, which supports students’ independent learning, collaboration and choice.
- Utilizes a variety of effective instructional and management techniques.
- Provides a variety of assessments and uses assessments for planning and instruction.
- Provide consistent, immediate feedback to student learning and asks analytical questions that elicit students’ responses that incorporate prior knowledge, life experience and interests that are directly related to the content objective.
- Monitor and maintain a positive classroom environment that supports the school wide behavior expectation in which most students are engaged, incorporates mutual respect and provides cooperative learning opportunities.
- Uses available technology/instructional media to enhance the students’ learning experiences.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate relationships with students, parents, staff, and community members by communicating in a tactful, courteous, and confidential manner.
- Appropriately communicates and interacts with other professional staff in academic planning and school committee work.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and extra-curricular/school related activities and committees.
- Demonstrates a commitment to continuous professional growth and works with administrator to formulate and complete professional development plans.
- Maintains a professional appearance, and demonstrates behavior that is conscientious and responsible.
- Engages parents and guardians in the education of their children.
- Does not engage in discriminatory practices on any basis, including race, origin, gender, socio-economic status, disability, religion, or political beliefs.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by the school administrator.
Applicants must be appropriately certified by the Pennsylvania Department of Education or have at least Three (3) years of documented work experience in the Automotive Technician field, within the last 10 years.
“An Equal Opportunity Employer “
Faculty and Substitute Teaching Application Requirements
Thank you for your interest in a teaching position with The Northumberland County Career and Technology Center. Below, is a listing of all the required information needed in order to be considered a candidate for a faculty position and a substitute faculty position:
- Letter of Interest
- Standard Application for Teaching Positions in Pennsylvania Public Schools
- Teacher Candidates with PA Teaching Certification must complete all sections
- Teacher Candidates for Career and Technical Faculty Positions who do not have PA Teaching Certification are expected to complete all sections except those relating to certification, tenure and student teaching
- Copy of valid Pennsylvania Teaching Certificate, if applicable
- Clearances - (see links below)
- Copy or proof of application for Act 34 - PA Criminal Record Check
- Copy or proof of application for Act 151 - PA Child Abuse History Clearance
Follow the link and choose PA Department of Education to register and pay.Take the registration receipt to one of the listed locations for fingerprinting.
- Registration ID for Act 114 - FBI Fingerprint Report